How do you verify the meeting planner listings in the database?
The Salesman's Guide editorial staff conducts extensive research to confirm every listing, including mailing address verification, Internet research, third-party databases, and confirmation calls to the listees.
How often are the meeting planner listings updated?
The listings are verified for deliverability at least once every three months.
Do you guarantee the accuracy of the listings in your database?
Yes, we offer two separate guarantees:
- Postal Deliverability Guarantee. If you conduct a direct mail campaign to a list from our database within 30 days of purchase and more than five percent of the mail is returned as undeliverable, we will reimburse you for the cost of the postage (first class or standard class). See the End User License Agreement for details.
- 2-for-1 Listing Accuracy Guarantee. If a listing is found to be inaccurate within six months of publication, we will replace that listing with two new or updated listings. An inaccurate listing is characterized by an organization that no longer exists, an invalid postal address, or a bad phone or fax number.
HSMAI Member Benefits
Members of the Hospitality Sales & Marketing Association International are eligible for a 10% discount on all orders and 100 free listings each year.
How to Get Your Free Listings:
1. Go to Sign In page (top right), enter your e-mail address and use your 6 digit HSMAI member number as your password and click "SIGN IN".
2. Click on "Search" at the top of the home page and use the search criteria to narrow the list of meeting planners. Example: Selecting the following search options yields 1,113 meeting planner contacts:
-Organization location: California, Nevada, Arizona
-Meeting size: Under 50, 51-100
-Meeting location: West
3. Click on the "SEARCH" button at the bottom of the page.
4. Review the results of your search. Identify editable text box with the amount of returned records (middle left of page). Enter 100 and click "Add to Cart".
5. Your shopping cart will still show a balance due. Click "Checkout" button to proceed to the ordering page.
6. The amount due should read $0.00. Click "SUBMIT" and the listings will be e-mailed to you within 5 minutes.
1. Determine your search criteria for your free list
2. Call Guy Snowden at (240) 235-0272 or email Guy@Columbiabooks.com. Guy will create your list and send it to you in an easy-to-use spreadsheet.
Not returning enough planners?
Try selecting less specific criteria. For example, broaden your search to include more states or meeting locations. You could also try unselecting meeting months or facility types required.
Returning less than 100 results and not showing a $0.00 balance?
You may have already redeemed your free listings this year or you may not be eligible. Please direct eligibility questions to Mandie Jorgensen at firstname.lastname@example.org.
For additional assistance, contact us during regular business hours on weekdays from 9 a.m. to 5:30 p.m. Eastern time. (Call 240-235-0272, or e-mail Guy@ColumbiaBooks.com